Hello and welcome! I’m so happy to share my first recipe with you all! Here’s a french and vegan chocolate cake! Hope you’ll like it!
Preparation: 15 minutes ⎜ Cooking: 45 minutes ⎜ Serves 8
- 1 cup of flour (300g)
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1/3 cup of sweetener (100g)
- 200g of dark chocolate
- 4 tbs of coconut oil (40g)
- 1 cup of plantbased milk (375mL)
- a pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven at 390°F / 200°C
- In a large bowl, put the chocolate cut in pieces, the oil, and the sweetener if you are using a liquid one
- Bring the milk to a boil and add it to the bowl. Let it cool for 5 minutes before stirring.
- In another bowl, mix the dry ingredients together, then add the chocolate mixture and stir well.
- Put the batter in non-stick 9-inch circular mold and let it cook for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, lower the temperature to 300°F / 150°C, and let it cook for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Get the cake out of the oven, let it chill for 10 minutes then serve.
Tips & notes
For this recipe, you can use a liquid or a solid sweetener. I’ve tried one cake with agave sirup and one with cane sugar, which was better.
The kind of oil that you are using does not really matter: you can use any oil or margarine. The coconut one just gives a good flavor and consistency to the cake.
Also, heating the cake at two different temperatures gives it a crunchy texture from the outside, but a soft one from the inside. My fav’. 😇 If you do not like this, you can just cook it at 300°F / 150°C for 50 to 60 minutes.
Macros per slice:
approximately 400kcal: F15 C60 P10