Here’s a recipe of pasta and mushroom with a creamy sauce! I guess it’s a kind off alfredo…? I’m not really familiar with this. 😅
Preparation: 15 minutes ⎜Cooking: 20 to 30 minutes⎜Serves 2
- 100g of your favorite pasta (uncooked)
- 1 small white or yellow onion
- 1 tbs of margarine (20g)
- 2 tbs of vegetable oil
- 20 little mushrooms
- 1 small shallot
for the sauce:
- 2 cups of cooked-pasta water (200mL)
- 1 cup of plant-based yoghurt (150g)
- a pinch of garlic powder (optional)
- 1 tbs of nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp of fresh chive
- a pinch of nutmeg
- salt and pepper
- 1 tsp of starch
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions.
- Meanwhile, chop the onion and the shallot into stripes, and the mushrooms into quarters.
- In a non-sticking pan, cook the mushrooms over high heat for five to ten minutes. Make sure to stir quite often so they do not burn. Once cooked, put them aside.
- Mix all the ingredients for the sauce in a bowl and set aside.
- On the same pan, cook the onion in the oil over medium heat for five minutes, then add the shallot and the margarine and let it cook for five other minutes.
- Add the mushrooms to the pan and put it over high heat for five extra minutes. Finally, add the sauce and the pasta.
- Turn off the heat when the dish has a creamy texture.
Tips & notes:
It is better to cook the pasta « al dente », so they do not end up mashed once mixed with the other ingredients.
If you do not have plant-based yoghurt, you can use non-dairy milk, but in that case just add one cup (100mL) of the pasta-water.
You can add one cup (100mL) of white wine while cooking the mushrooms, onion and shallot together, but then do not cook it over high heat, but over medium heat.
I’ve tried with corn starch, but I guess that potato starch would work too.