Preparation: 30 minutes ⎜Cooking: 15 minutes ⎜Serves 2
- 2 tbs of oil
- 1 medium red onion
- Broccoli (how much you want)
- 100g of rice noodles (uncooked)
for the sauce:
- salt & pepper
- 1 tsp corn starch
- 2 tbs of soy sauce
- 1 tbs of sesame oil
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1/3 cup of water (80mL)
- 1 tsp of fresh or frozen chives
Raw red or green onion, fresh parsley or coriander, fried tofu…
- Mix all the ingredients for the sauce in a bowl.
- Cook the rice noodles during half of the time required by the package instructions.
- Cut the red onion into thick slices and the broccoli into small florets.
- Steam the broccoli for 5 minutes.
- In a pan, fry the onion and the broccoli in the oil over high heat for 5 minutes. Stir at least every minute.
- Put the pasta, the veggies and the sauce in a pot over medium heat and stir well and let it cook for 5 minutes so the sauce thickens.
Tips & Notes:
If you do not have red onion, you can use one or two shallots, or a regular yellow onion.
For this meal, I recommend to use smoked tofu. My favorite is the “Smoked Almond and Sesame Tofu” by “Taifun”. The “Black Forest” tofu from the same brand goes quite well with this meal too.