Preparation: 45 minutes ⎜Cooking: 25-30 minutes⎜Serves 2
- 1 onion
- 2 carrots
- 1 tbs of sugar
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 celeri branch
- 4 tbs of soy sauce
- 2 tbs of sesame oil
- 1 tsp of corn starch
- 4 tbs of vegetable oil
- 1/4 inch of fresh ginger
- 1,5 cups of boiling water
- 1 cup of dehydrated soy proteins bites
- Basmati rice
- Green beans
- Green onion
- Fresh cilantro
- Sesame seeds
- Put the soy proteins, the boiling water, the sesame oil and the soy sauce in a large bowl. Cover and set aside.
- Cut the carrots in small cubes and cook them with six tablespoons of water in a covered pan for ten minutes.
- Slice the opinion and cut the céleri in small cubes.
- Sauté the onion, the céleri, the cooked carrots and two tablespoons of oil for five minutes over high heat. Add the minced ginger and the minced garlic and let it cook for five extra minutes. Set aside.
- Drain the soy proteins (but keep the stock) and sauté them for five minutes with two tablespoons of oil over high heat. Set aside with the veggies.
- In a pan, let the sugar melt over low heat to obtain a caramel.
- Mix the starch with the stock and put them in the pan containing the caramel. Let it simmer over medium heat for five minutes.
- Add the veggies and the soy proteins to the sauce and let it cook for five extra minutes.
Tips & Notes:
If you do not like celeri, do not worry, I hate that too! But it gives a good flavor to the dish.
I have bought the soy protein bites in an organic store. I actually do not know where else you can find them, but here’s what it looks like! Either way, you can use seitan!