Preparation: 10 minutes ⎜Cooking: 20 minutes⎜Serves 2
- 1 onion
- 1 cup of pasta
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/2 cup of red lentils
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp of cumin powder
- 1/2 cup of crushed tomatoes
- 1 tbs of fresh chopped basil (1 tsp dry)
- 1 tbs of fresh chopped oregano (1 tsp dry)
- 1 tsp of fresh chopped thyme (1/2 tsp dry)
- Sauté the onion until golden brown with a little bit of oil.
- Mince the garlic and cook it for 1 minute with the onion
- Cut the sun-dried tomatoes into small pieces, rince the lentils and add both of them to the skillet. Sauté for five minutes over high heat.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (except the pasta), salt and pepper, and let it cook for 15 to 20 minutes over medium heat.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta.
- Drain the pasta, add the sauce and serve.
Tips & Notes:
If you want to add some veggies to this dish, I would recommend carrots and celery!
For a gluten-free version, you can use red lentils pasta!